Williamsburg Travel Tips -
Where else can you visit that is so accessible by buses, trains, planes and automobiles? Our many attractions are as diverse as the transportation options for getting here! Start making your plans today with the following choices.
How to Get to the Inn at 802
Williamsburg, Virginia, is located 150 miles south of Washington, D.C., midway between Richmond and Virginia Beach on Interstate 64.
From Richmond take Route 64 East to Exit 234. Bear right on to Route 199 East for 8 miles then turn left at the 2nd traffic onto Jamestown Road and go one mile. The Inn at 802 will be on the right.
From the East (Newport News Airport or Norfolk Airport) take Route 64 West to Exit 242A. Bear right on to Route 199 West for 5 miles, turn right onto Jamestown Road and go one mile. The Inn at 802 will be on the right.
For additional directions and up-to-the-minute traffic and construction information, visit 511 Virginia.
Flying to Williamsburg
We have four airports that are situated within a 50-minute drive of the Williamsburg area.
- Williamsburg Jamestown Airport - 2.5 miles from our Inn
- Newport News/Williamsburg International Airport (PHF) - 20 minutes from our Inn.
- Norfolk International Airport (ORF) - 50 minutes from our Inn.
- Richmond International Airport (RIC) - 50 minutes from our Inn.
- City of Williamsburg Transportation Center, located in downtown Williamsburg, offers Amtrak, Greyhound Bus, rental car and taxi services. The center is open 7:30 am – 10 pm daily.
- Williamsburg Trolly - For your convenience, across the street from the Inn at 802 st the College of William and Mary, you can catch the Williamsburg Trolley which runs in a continuous loop daily from the College of William and Mary to Merchant Square, High Street and New Town, where you’ll also find fine dining and shopping and theaters.